So Katy asked me over on Facebook what my five favorite ice cream flavors are. Here they are, in no particular order:
- Huckleberry (Sadly, I don’t think it exists in Maine)
- Beni-imo (Discovered on my first trip to Japan and haven’t had it since, described to me as “purple potato” ice cream, but I think it’s taro)
- Ben and Bill’s* KGB (Kahlua, Grenadine, Baileys) or rum raisin
- Cherry vanilla, or cookies ‘n cream, or ginger
- A light/non-greasy peanut butter ice cream with chocolate swirl we used to get when I was about six and haven’t found since…except it might have been frozen yogurt, rather than ice cream…TCBY had some of the best flavors…
Ok, that’s a bit more than five, but I need my options!
*If you haven’t been to a Ben and Bill’s, DO! They’re a smaller New England chain. Let me know if you make it to the Bar Harbor shop; I might meet you there.
3 thoughts on “Five Favorite Flavors”
Huckleberries and blueberries belong to the same genus. Somehow I am unsurprised you like huckleberries.
The peanutbutter ice cream was Hershey’s brand. We stopped getting it when we started getting serious about getting skinny. Hannaford actually has a decent “lite” version of it.
Yay! I didn’t imagine it! I’ll have to see if our Hannaford has it…